2005/03/13

Outed as a Vegan

I have been outed as a Vegan. People tend to notice if you do not eat meat at all. Suddenly, you are a gun-toting, crazy animal liberationist instead of being a gun-toting, crazy carnivore. The former is not acceptable in polite society.

The reasons I became a Vegan are:

  • It's cheaper;
  • Choosing from menus is easier - there is usually only one vegetarian item on the menu;
  • Indian women think highly of Vegans;
  • I have been reading Mickey Z's blog;

I did not become a Vegan overnight - I just ate less and less meat until I was eating one meat dish a week before I realised that I was almost a Vegan.

The unintended effects have been that:

  • I have lost weight; and
  • I am more healthier

I am not a complete Vegan because I still wear leather shoes and wear woolen clothing. This probably makes me a legitimate target of the ALF.

No comments: